The success of the Silver Sonic Wader family—the Convertible-Top, Women’s, and Zippered models—over the past year or so has been remarkable. But we saved the pièce de résistance for last.
For 2014, Orvis introduces the Silver Sonic Guide Waders, which offer even more features and increased durability. These waders are for the angler who spends long days on the water and demands top-of-the-line performance and comfort. They can take a beating, whether you’re bushwhacking to get to your secret hole or scrambling over rocks to chase a fish running downstream. Plus, there’s a place for all your tools and personal items, and zippered handwarmer pockets.
Here are just some of the features on these best-in-class waders:
- Fabric is up to 300% more abrasion resistant and 40% more puncture resistant than Silver Sonic Convertible-Top waders
- Lower features a high-density 4-layer breathable nylon, while the upper is the same 4-layer nylon used in the Silver Sonic Convertible-Top lowers
- Kangaroo-style handwarmer pocket with YKK water-resistant zippers
- External storage pocket with tool dock
- Y-style padded yoke suspenders
- Flip out interior pocket and removable waterproof pocket
- Attached self-fabric, reinforced gravel guards with quick-drain panel
- Anatomically correct, sculpted neoprene booties
- Strategically placed lower leg seams run up the back of the wader
- Easy adjusting wading belt
- Expanded sizes, now including extra long
The first pre-ordered Guide Waders will be shipping next week, and to celebrate, we’re giving a pair away. Enter the contest by using the cool widget below, which allows you to earn two entries and increase your chances of winning.
The winner will be announced next Friday, January 10.