[Editor’s Note: “First Casts” is an occasional feature that highlights great fly-fishing content from around the Web—from how-to articles, to photo essays, to interesting reads.]
- The subject of strike indicators is always good for creating a roiling debate in a room full of fly fishers. In an article in Hatch Magazine, Todd Tanner serves up his “extra special #1 best ever nymphing tip,” and you’ll be surprised what it entails.
- Wyoming TV station KCWY13 ran a great piece on 2015 Orvis-Endorsed Guide Lifetime Achievement Award winner George Hunker. The report includes an interview with George and a few choice quotes from folks here at HQ about why he was honored in this way.
- Not to be outdone, the Asheville Citizen-Times ran its own article about Brown Hobson, who was named Eastern Orvis Endorsed Guide of the Year.
- Last weekend was the annual Hardly, Strictly Musky tournament in McMinnville, Tennessee, and for the second year in a row, our friend Dave Hosler of Pile Cast participated. Check out his great write-up and a plethora of photos.
- Wanna catch a monster trout? On the Field&Stream website, Kirk Deeter offers up a weekend plan for finding and catching that huge brown trout you’ve been dreaming of.