We love to get photos from Orvis News readers, so we can see where they’re fishing and what they’re catching. Several folks have asked how they can submit a photos for a “Picture of the Day” or anything on the Fly Fishing blog. It’s easy, and there are two ways you can do it:
1. Upload your photo to a hosting sevice such as flickr, Picasa, or even Facebook.
2. Email a link to the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Include the relevant fish info (size, location, fly pattern), your name and hometown, and a caption for the photo. If you’re feeling ambitious, submit the whole story of the catch.
1. Make sure your photo is not larger than 1M. (Resize it if it is.)
2. Email the photo directly to email@example.com
3. Include the relevant fish info (size, location, fly pattern), your first name and hometown, and a caption for the photo. If you’re feeling ambitious, submit the whole story of the catch.
1. Photo must be at least 700 pixels wide or tall.
2. Photo must be well-lit and in focus. (This one is really important.)
By submitting a photo you give us permission to use it on the blog and/or the Orvis Facebook page. We won’t use it for anything else.
Also, keep in mind that not all photos will be published; we’ll choose only the best. Here’s a list of things that will automatically disqualify an image:
1. Poor focus, lighting, or framing
2. Poor fish handling (finger in gills, fish laid on the ground, etc.)
3. Image too small.
So, send away! We look forward to seeing what you’ve got.
7 thoughts on “How to Submit Your Photos to Orvis News”
Gonna have to send in some pics!
can’t wait to send some pics
This detailed fishing photos, is there a link to send dog/duck hunting pictures?