In the sixth installment of their 10-part series on how to fish a spinner fall, Dave and Amelia Jensen demonstrate the best ways to approach trout feeding on spinners. Stealth and a slow approach are vital, but how you set up in relation to the available light is also important. You want to be able to see the rising fish and the bugs they’re eating.
Amelia also explains the value of patience. Don’t simply go after the first fish that you see rising. Have the discipline to spend fifteen minutes to survey the water, and you may discover that there are much bigger trout for you to catch..
- Episode I: How to Fish a Spinner Fall, Introduction
- Episode II: How to Fish a Spinner Fall: Set Up
- Episode III: Understanding Rise Forms During a Spinner Fall
- Episode IV: Fly Selection for a Spinner Fall
- Episode V: How to Cast During a Spinner Fall
Watch for further installments of Master Class Monday every week here at Orvis News, in the Advanced Tactics playlist our You Tube Channel, and on the new Advanced section of our Orvis Fly Fishing Learning Center.