In the ninth installment of their 10-part series on how to fish a spinner fall, Dave and Amelia Jensen explain where to look for big trout when spinners are falling onto the water. Sometimes, the rises will be quite subtle and in places where you might not expect them. The video ends with Dave landing an absolutely gorgeous brown trout.
- Episode I: How to Fish a Spinner Fall, Introduction
- Episode II: How to Fish a Spinner Fall: Set Up
- Episode III: Understanding Rise Forms During a Spinner Fall
- Episode IV: Fly Selection for a Spinner Fall
- Episode V: How to Cast During a Spinner Fall
- Episode VI: How to Approach Trout During a Spinner Fall
- Episode VII: How to Set the Hook on Spinner-Eating Trout
- Episode VIII: Understanding How Conditions Affect a Spinner Fall
Watch for further installments of Master Class Monday every week here at Orvis News, in the Advanced Tactics playlist our You Tube Channel, and on the new Advanced section of our Orvis Fly Fishing Learning Center.