In the seventh installment of their 10-part series on how to fish a spinner fall, Dave and Amelia Jensen show how important line control is to setting the hook on trout eating small spinners. If you throw your rod skyward too quickly, ripping the line and fly out of the water, you’re probably going to miss the fish.
- Episode I: How to Fish a Spinner Fall, Introduction
- Episode II: How to Fish a Spinner Fall: Set Up
- Episode III: Understanding Rise Forms During a Spinner Fall
- Episode IV: Fly Selection for a Spinner Fall
- Episode V: How to Cast During a Spinner Fall
- Episode VI: How to Approach Trout During a Spinner Fall
Watch for further installments of Master Class Monday every week here at Orvis News, in the Advanced Tactics playlist our You Tube Channel, and on the new Advanced section of our Orvis Fly Fishing Learning Center.
One thought on “Master Class Monday: How to Set the Hook on Spinner-Eating Trout”
These two are spectacular anglers but also human like me, as it turns out! I’m not the only one who over-sets on big fish when all jacked up!