In this great episode of “Master Class Monday”–part of a 10-part series on fishing during a spinner fall–Dave and Amelia Jensen help you to understand rise forms, so you know which fish are feeding on spinners, as well as which trout are the really big ones. See below for links to all installments of this killer series, which will add up to a true Master Class on catching trout during spinner falls.
Here’s the entire 10-part series:
- Episode I: How to Fish a Spinner Fall, Introduction
- Episode II: How to Fish a Spinner Fall: Set Up
- Episode III: Understanding Rise Forms During a Spinner Fall
- Episode IV: Fly Selection for a Spinner Fall
- Episode V: How to Cast During a Spinner Fall
- Episode VI: How to Approach Trout During a Spinner Fall
- Episode VII: How to Set the Hook on Spinner-Eating Trout
- Episode VIII: Understanding How Conditions Affect a Spinner Fall
- Episode IX: How to Find Rising Fish During a Spinner Fall
- Episode X: How to Deal with Refusals and Misses
Watch for further installments of Master Class Monday every week here at Orvis News, in the Advanced Tactics playlist our You Tube Channel, and on the new Advanced section of our Orvis Fly Fishing Learning Center.