This will be the thirty-seventh year that the Orvis Company will recognize excellence in sporting experiences through its Endorsed Lodges, Outfitters, and Guides (ELOG) program. The winners of this year’s coveted awards will be announced at a ceremony during the 2022 Orvis Guide Rendezvous , which will be held in Missoula, Montana from April 21-23. Here are this year’s nominees–listed in alphabetical order–along with photos of last year’s winners:
2022 Fly-Fishing Guide of the Year Nominees:
- Jay Aylward, based in Leverett, Massachusetts
- Bryan Donoway, based in Jarrettsville, Maryland
- E.J. Stern, based in Wake Forest, North Carolina
2022 Wingshooting Guide of the Year Nominees:
- Dave Brown, based in Patagonia, Arizona
- Jon Hubble, based in Lometa, Texas
- Trent Leichleiter, Pheasant Bonanza, in Tekamah, Nebraska
2022 Fly-Fishing Lodge of the Year Nominees:
- Alaska Sportsman’s Lodge, in Bristol Bay, Alaska
- Libby Sporting Camps, near Ashland, Maine
- The Lodge at Glendorn, in Bradford, Pennsylvania
2022 Wingshooting Lodge of the Year Nominees:
- Flint Oak, in Fall River, Kansas
- Greystone Castle Sporting Club, in Mingus, Texas
- Rio Piedra Plantation, in Camilla, Georgia
2022 Fly-Fishing Outfitter of the Year Nominees:
- Angler’s Covey, in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Lopstick Lodge Outfitters, in Pittsburg, New Hampshire
- Willowfly Anglers, in Almont, Colorado
2022 International Destination of the Year Nominees:
- Blue Horizon Lodge, in Placencia, Belize
- El Pescador Lodge, on Ambergris Caye, Belize
2022 Fly Shop of the Year Nominees:
- Anglers Fly Shop, in Boise, Idaho
- Confluence Fly Shop, in Bend, Oregon
- Gates Au Sable Lodge, in Grayling, Michigan
- Northwest Outfitters, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- ReelFlyRod, in Bellbrook, Ohio
- Streamside Orvis, in Traverse City, Michigan
11 thoughts on “Meet the Nominees for the 2022 Orvis Endorsed Awards!”
How you missed Blackfoot River Outfitters – John Herzer (Missoula MT), and Magic Waters/River of Dreams – Eduardo Barrueto (Balmaceda Chile) is beyond me.
Boy, do I agree with you!
EJ Stern! Guide of the year!
It would be interesting to see:
1) selection criteria
2) evaluation committee of nominees
Congratulations to the staff at TCO, truly the best staff of any fly shops I’ve been to. Very knowledgeable friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work.
El Pescador lodge for international destination of the year. I can’t give enough praise to the staff guides and food. Being a vegan it’s alway a challenge for me traveling but the staff at El Pescador went out of their way to accommodate me. One night they even made a vegan cake for dessert for ,self and another vegan that was staying there. This was just the icing on the cake (pun intended) in addition to the great fishing ! Best vacation ever.
I think Damon Neupar should be nominated. He’s an excellent Guide. His knowledge and stream side fresh grilled lunches are awesome. He’s based in Ellicott Ville NY. Does a great job floating the Clarion river in PA.
Can the public attend the ceremony and the event?
Way to go Libby Camps. Truly a one of a kind place. Congratulations Matt to you and the entire Libby team!!
Flint Oak is Outstanding! So glad to see them in the finals! They’re so deserving!