This week, my guest on the podcast is the great George Daniel, one of the finest anglers in the world and a wonderful teacher. George is also refreshingly un-dogmatic, and even though he is an expert on nymph fishing, he does not stick to only one method, but uses all kinds of techniques depending on the conditions. There are scores of good tips in this podcast, so if you enjoy nymph fishing don’t miss it.
In the Fly Box this week, you’ll find answers (or at least my attempt to answer) questions about:
- How do I keep my reel from getting tangled at the end of the day?
- Is a fiberglass rod a disadvantage for distance and in the wind?
- Do you have some tips on fishing mayfly spinner falls?
- Can I catch carp when they are spawning?
- How do I make my Humpies more durable?
- Can I catch channel catfish on a fly rod?
- Can I fish a Gurgler on an intermediate line?
- Will textured fly lines hurt my rod guides?
- How can I land big fish by myself without high-sticking my rod?
If you don’t see the “Play” button above, click here to listen.