Some of you fly tiers may be not agree with the stance he takes on tiers obsessing over rare and unusual materials, so I think it may create some lively discussions. Regardless, I think you’ll find our discussion fascinating.
In the Fly Box this week, we get into more conventional and non-controversial questions, such as these:
- Why do two dry flies work better than one?
- How do you fish a Sneaky Pete for smallmouths in fast water?
- What size and color Woolly Bugger is best?
- What does the Woolly Bugger imitate?
- What color polarized sunglasses are best and what are some good brands?
- Why can I land 18-inch fish but not the ones that are over 24 inches?
- Are grayling selective?
- Is it normal to tie a Clouser Minnow with a red head?
- Is it normal to reel all of your line in before playing a fish?
- Why am I not catching bigger brook trout on streamers?
If you don’t see the “Play” button above, click here to listen.
3 thoughts on “Podcast: The Feather Thief, with Kirk Johnson”
Hi Phil, you have last week’s podcast loaded here.
Yeah, I’m not very bright sometimes. Thanks. Fixed!
This is an outstanding presentation with Kirk W. Johnson. The conservation message is outstanding as is the scientific connection.