[Interview starts at 32:53]
This week, I have a special guest–the world’s foremost authority on the life cycle of cicadas and the most knowledgeable person in the world on techniques for fishing this “hatch.” I’ve had a lot of questions on this topic and I’ve finally found the person who can answer them.
In the Fly Box, we have a number of very interesting questions, including:
- Do you think fish decoys will work for attracting trout?
- Can you tell us about the new electric fly rod coming out of Japan?
- What is your technique for making a dubbing loop using a Bimini Twist knot?
- Can I use UV cure epoxy for dry flies?
- I found a dead possum in the road. Can I use this for dubbing, and how should I prepare the skin?
- A listener who thinks his tippet material is defective.
- What is the correct way to tie a loop knot?
- Advice on fishing a couple rivers in Montana.
- A question about swinging flies on New York’s Salmon River.
- Is what I have done tenkara fishing?
- Advice to a gentleman who wants to become a permit guide.
- Are egg patterns and San Juan Worms considered bait fishing?