In this week’s podcast, my guest is Eric Eikenberg, CEO of The Everglades Foundation and our major partner in this important conservation effort. For the past few years, Orvis has taken a leading role in the effort to get the word out to the fly-fishing community about this critical issue, which affects Florida Bay, both coasts of Florida, and of course the Everglades, which as a National Park is owned by all citizens of the United States. It’s an update on where we are for a solution to the issue, and you’ll be happy to know we are guardedly optimistic about the future.
Also in the Fly Box week we have these questions:
- Why do I keep losing small brook trout?
- How can I take the coils out of old leaders?
- Will my old Clearwater Reel be OK in salt water?
- Why don’t fly shops stop selling feathers from endangered birds?
- Do women wear sling bags?
- Does the pigtail at the end of a broken knot always indicate a poorly tied knot?
- Why don’t people use the oval or Belgian cast more often?
- Why do I keep losing big trout and steelhead when they get downstream of me?
- What do I do for a leader if I encounter both striped bass and bluefish?
If you don’t see the “Play” button above, click here to listen.