[Interview starts at 38:38]
Josh Nugent of Out Fly Fishing in Calgary has been doing a series of “Seven Deadly Sins” podcasts with me over the past couple of years, and this one is chock-full of great advice. Josh is a very preceptive angler and thinks deeply about how flies behave in the water and how trout react to them. In the interview, we go off on a number of tangents—all interesting and all about nymph fishing—and all of them with great advice on how to make your indicator-nymphing game more fun and productive.
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Fly-Casting
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Sight Fishing
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Streamer Fishing
In the Fly Box, we have some great tips and questions from listeners, including:
- A terrific tip on why tying tube flies is a great way to get kids started.
- What kind of other storage systems does Tom use around his roll-top desk?
- Where can I learn more about fly fishing for largemouth and smallmouth bass?
- What do you suggest for preventing cutoffs by chain pickerel?
- Can I use sitka or axis deer, antelope, or goat hair for fly tying?
- A great tip on replacing wing cases on smaller nymphs with a drop of UV cure resin.
- Should I use my leader straightener?
- Can I do longline French/Spanish nymphing with a two-handed rod?
- How can I locate pinhole leaks in my waders?
- How do older series of rods compare to the modern ones? What is better about the more recent models?
- I know your higher-end rods are made in Vermont, but where do the components come from?
- Why do Americans shoot and kill birds?
- What is a good two-line rotation for streamer fishing in Michigan?
- I kept my fiberglass rod in a hot car, and now I notice it has a kink in it. Could the hot car have been the reason?
One thought on “Podcast: The Seven Deadly Sins of Nymph Fishing, with Josh Nugent￼”
How interesting this podcast is! btw you can download and hear many podcast from some apps on Apkfun.com right on your android phone easily.