Dave and Amelia Jensen, of Jensen Fly Fishing in Alberta, are back with another real-life-scenario how-to video in their series “The Bank.” In this video, Dave has spotted a big brown trout holding just above a stick jammed into the bank in an outside bend in the river. Watch and listen as he talks Amelia through the steps required to catch this beautiful brownie. You’ll learn about how to spot fish in murky water, where to look for fish holding in relation to structure, and how to go about “thinkin’ through” the right flies and presentation.
Check out the previous episodes in “The Bank” series:
- Episode 1: “Helping a Friend“
- Episode 2: “Brian“
- Episode 3: “Fall Subtlety on the Bow River“
- Episode 4: “Shallow Dropper-Side Sweep“
- Episode 5: “Splitting the Uprights“
- Episode 5A: “Splitting the Uprights-Part 2“
- Episode 6: “The Milky Way“
- Episode 7: “The Dropper Adjustment“
- Episode 8: “Don’t Be a Dum Dum”
- Episode 9: “Caddis Lips in the Wind”
- Episode 10: “The Invitation”
6 thoughts on “Video: How to Think Through Fly Choice and Presentation”
Great video! I have done the same thing when I have had fish hit the surface down steam of me.
That was fun to watch! Great fish, teamwork and technique. Thanks for sharing!
I am often to running a blog and i really respect your content.
Your blog is very informative and educative.The article has actually peaks my interest.It is nice article and Your content is very helpful.Thank you for sharing us.