In the eighth installment of their 10-part series on how to fish a spinner fall, Dave and Amelia Jensen discuss the best conditions, those that will shut down the insect event, as well as how to deal with less-than-ideal wind. Dave then finds himself in a situation where the wind is actually helping to focus the trout feeding behavior, and he makes the most of it.
- Episode I: How to Fish a Spinner Fall, Introduction
- Episode II: How to Fish a Spinner Fall: Set Up
- Episode III: Understanding Rise Forms During a Spinner Fall
- Episode IV: Fly Selection for a Spinner Fall
- Episode V: How to Cast During a Spinner Fall
- Episode VI: How to Approach Trout During a Spinner Fall
- Episode VII: How to Set the Hook on Spinner-Eating Trout
Watch for further installments of Master Class Monday every week here at Orvis News, in the Advanced Tactics playlist our You Tube Channel, and on the new Advanced section of our Orvis Fly Fishing Learning Center.